International Academic Workshop “Information Technology and Computational Linguistics”
(ITCL‑2017), 22-23 June 2017
invites paper submissions and speakers on all topics of ITCL-2017 to discuss current trends in interaction between information technologies and culture in modern society.
The workshop will be held at ITMO University, Saint-Petersburg, Lomonosova str., 9.
The workshop is a part of International symposium «Internet and Modern Society» (IS IMS) which will be held in St. Petersburg, from 21 to 24 June 2017, during the Information Society Week, and is organized by ITMO University and Saint-Petersburg State University. The language of International symposium and ITCL‑2017 is English.
The workshop is a part of the International Symposium “Internet and Modern Society” (IS IMS) which will be held in St. Petersburg, from 21 to 24 June 2017, during the Information Society Week, and is mainly organized by ITMO University. The language of ITCL‑2017 is English.
The seminar will be devoted to the actual issues of interaction of linguistics and information technologies – regarding the development of technology solutions on the basis of a natural language, and the influence of information technologies on the language. Target audience are linguists of all profiles, the staff of organizations developing information systems that involve natural language processing, specialists in knowledge representation, higher education teachers, translators.
The program committee of the ITCL-2017 seminar encourages scholars to discuss a wide range of scientific problems and practical tasks of computational linguistics, from linguistic researches to technology solutions. We invite authors to present and publish papers on the following subjects:
- Computer analysis of natural language
- Corpus linguistics
- Computer linguistic resources
- Computational and linguistic ontologies
- Information extraction
- Document analysis
- Information retrieval
- Machine translation
- Computational lexicography
- Speech technologies
- Linguistic analysis of social networks.
Papers submitted and successfully passed the reviewing will be published in a proceedings indexed by SCOPUS and Scholar Google, provided the payment of the registration fee (250€ for foreign participants, 7000 rub. for participants from scientific and educational institutions of Russia and UIS, 2500 rub. for domestic PhD students and university students) and presentation of the paper at the conference by at least one of the authors. No more than two papers of one registered participant can be accepted for publication. Reviewing and evaluation of articles is carried out by the international program committee through double-blind review in order to avoid any preferences and to ensure a high scientific level of the event.
- Preparation – All papers should be written in English and prepared using the Word template (NEW!!!) within the page limits set for the corresponding submission categories: 15 pages for completed research or experience papers, 10 pages for ongoing research or experience papers.
- Submission – All papers should be submitted without any means of identifying their authors through ITCL-2017 Page in EasyChair: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=is-ims2017 by the First Submission Deadline - 15 April 2017.
- Review – All submitted papers will undergo a double-blind review by the Program Committee and the authors will be notified of acceptance or rejection decisions by the Notification Deadline – 15 May 2017.
- Rights management – A right management form and complete instructions how to fill it will be sent by the publisher to the authors of accepted papers. After completing the form online, the authors will be emailed a copy of the form and the correct rights management text to add to their papers.
- Revision – Accepted papers must be revised to address reviewer comments, to add author names and affiliations and to add the rights management text received above and resubmitted through ITCL-2017 Page in EasyChair: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=is-ims2017 by the Final Submission Deadline – 30 May 2017.
- Paper Submission Deadline: April 27, 2017
- Notification on Paper Acceptance: May 15, 2017
- Revised Paper Submission: May 30, 2017
- Author`s Registration: April 15 – May 30, 2017
- Seminar: June 22-23, 2017
Victor Zakharov, ITCL-2017 Coordinator, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dmitry Prokudin, IMS-2017 International Symposium Director, e-mail: email@example.com
Radomir Bolgov, IMS-2017 International Symposium Program Coordinator, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org