International Academic Workshop «Information Technology & Culture»
(ITC‑2017), 22-23 June 2017
invites paper submissions and speakers to discuss current trends in interaction between information technology and culture in modern society.
The workshop will be held at ITMO University, Russia, Saint-Petersburg, Lomonosov str., 9.
The workshop is a part of International symposium «Internet and Modern Society» (IS IMS) which will be held in St. Petersburg, from 21 to 24 June 2017, during the Information Society Week, and is organized by ITMO University and Saint-Petersburg State University. The language of International symposium and ITC‑2017 is English.
ITC‑2017 is devoted to the discussion of current issues and trends in interaction between culture and technology: development of technological solutions in the field of culture, as well as socio-humanitarian aspects and problems of information technology impact on culture transformation. We invite the community of researchers who focus on socio-humanitarian and technological aspects of culture and society, the staff of cultural institutions, universities and research labs, philosophers, scholars, creative professionals, experts in the field of information and communication technologies and creative industries.
The program committee of the ITC-2017 invites authors to present and publish reports on the following subjects:
- Philosophical, cultural and aesthetic problems of interaction between culture, science and technology
- Information technology in culture and art
- Digital technology in the preservation of cultural heritage
- Socio-cultural problems of cyberspace development
- Problems of Information Culture Formation
- Ecology of the modern information environment
The symposium is held in cooperation with the international conference EVA 2017 SAINT PETERSBURG (Electronic Imaging & the Visual Arts – http://evaspb.ifmo.ru).
The new academic Multimedia Online Journal «International Culture & Technology Studies» (http://cat.ifmo.ru) will be presented on the workshop.
Papers submitted and successfully passed the reviewing will be published in a proceedings indexed by SCOPUS and Scholar Google, provided the payment of the registration fee (250€ for foreign participants, 7000 rub. for participants from scientific and educational institutions of Russia and UIS, 2500 rub. for domestic PhD students and university students) and presentation of the paper at the conference by at least one of the authors. No more than two papers of one registered participant can be accepted for publication. Reviewing and evaluation of articles is carried out by the international program committee through double-blind review in order to avoid any preferences and to ensure a high scientific level of the event.
The instructions of submission, registration, papers formation are given on the website of the conference: http://ims.ifmo.ru/ru/pages/26/.
- Preparation – We welcome unpublished contributions presenting either completed (12 – 15 pages) or ongoing (8 – 10 pages) research. All papers should be written in English and prepared according to the ACM (NY) new templates: http://www.acm.org/binaries/content/assets/publications/article-templates/pubform.docx We kindly ask authors to use macros embodied into the templates to arrange the text according to the format.
- Submission – All papers should be submitted without any means of identifying their authors through ITC-2017 Page in EasyChair: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=is-ims2017 by the First Submission Deadline - 15 April 2017.
- Review – All submitted papers will undergo a double-blind review by the Program Committee and the authors will be notified of acceptance or rejection decisions by the Notification Deadline – 15 May 2017.
- Rights management – A right management form and complete instructions how to fill it will be sent by the publisher to the authors of accepted papers. After completing the form online, the authors will be emailed a copy of the form and the correct rights management text to add to their papers.
- Revision – Accepted papers must be revised to address reviewer comments, to add author names and affiliations and to add the rights management text received above and resubmitted through ITC-2017 Page in EasyChair: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=is-ims2017 by the Final Submission Deadline – 30 May 2017.
- Registration: March 20 – May 30, 2017
- Paper Submission Deadline: April 27, 2017
- Notification on Paper Acceptance: May 15, 2017
- Revised Paper Submission: May 30, 2017
- Publication of the working program of ITC – June 1, 2017
- Workshop: June 22-23, 2017
Elena Yel’kina, ITC-2017 Coordinator, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dmitry Prokudin, IMS-2017 International Symposium Director, e-mail: email@example.com
Radomir Bolgov, IMS-2017 International Symposium Program Coordinator, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org